Sunday, March 26, 2006

now part of Google

Writely - The Web Word Processor

from my email thanks


Can I ... upload from Word? YES!
Can I ... save to my desktop? YES!
Can I ... publish on the web? YES!
Can I ... post on my blog? YES!

and Star Office or Open Office?

What does Writely do?
Writely allows you to edit documents online with whomever you choose, and then publish and blog them online.
What exactly can I do with it?
You can:
Upload Word documents, OpenOffice, RTF, HTML or text (or create documents from scratch).
Use our simple WYSIWYG editor to format your documents, spell-check them, etc.
Invite others to share your documents (by e-mail address).
Edit documents online with whomever you choose.
View your documents' revision history and roll back to any version.
Publish documents online to the world, or to just who you choose.
Download documents to your desktop as Word, OpenOffice, RTF, PDF*, HTML or zip.

What kinds of documents can I make?
In general, Writely only allows you to create and edit HTML documents. But, you can start them by uploading from Word, or from desktop HTML, text or image files. You can also paste from anything you can copy!

How can I get your editor without downloading or installing anything?
Browsers are more powerful these days than some people realize. Powerful enough to allow us to implement traditional word-processing functionality right there in your browser. (Provided, of course, they support Design Mode!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home